Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Actions you can undertake to make your wife respect you
Unkown_Killa Offline
Sparrow

Actions you can undertake to make your wife respect you
A little about me. I am currently in the UK waiting for my wife’s visa to clear so she can join me here. I feel though I have been unfortunate lately. I lost my job, essentially due to this Coronavirus outbreak. The day after, I got harassed repeatedly by a group of youths in a car whilst she was on the phone to me. I was yelling at them and very aggressive to them, but couldn't get close to the car and would have got run over if I had tried.

Although she would never say it, I feel like things like this can cause a woman to lose respect for a man. If a boss only makes one man, out of a 4 man team, redundant that is disrespecting him. If a group of youths see a man walking alone and feel the need to shout and throw things at him (albeit with such poor aim they do not even hit their intended target) that is disrespecting him. If these 2 entities disrespect this man why should his wife respect him?

Can someone offer any insight into this situation?

"I have failed over, and over, and over again in my life, and that is why I succeed".
03-21-2020 07:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Bitter End Offline
Sparrow

RE: Actions you can undertake to make your wife respect you
If you can get back on the job market quickly I see no reason why you couldn't keep her respect in the long run. It seems that she i s moving to the UK with you so she will be dependent on your guidance for a certain period at least.

Do you have a reason to suspect that she is disrespecting you? If she sees that you know what you are doing and what your goals are, she will probably always want to stay around you and follow your lead.
03-22-2020 03:29 AM
Unkown_Killa Offline
Sparrow

I am searching new jobs everyday. This Coronavirus situation means that very few companies are actively hiring at the moment. But yes she can see that I am trying my utmost to apply with different companies, recruiters etc. Doing the online tests etc.

Everyone is going to pieces at the moment and even before all this, my paranoia levels were going up and up. My old boss was an angry, paranoid mess. So working in that environment was not good for my mental state.

I haven’t noticed anything really serious with her yet though. She seems to say “I love you” less and make fun of me more. Is that a sign?

"I have failed over, and over, and over again in my life, and that is why I succeed".
03-22-2020 08:28 AM
Unkown_Killa Offline
Sparrow

And what about the youths?

03-22-2020 08:28 AM
The Stronger Sex Offline
Kingfisher

Were you the last to arrive at your team? That might explain why they let you go first. Last come, first go. That's how it usually works.

Anyway, you mention paranoia. That might be the problem and not her.
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2020 09:56 AM by The Stronger Sex.)
03-22-2020 09:55 AM
Unkown_Killa Offline
Sparrow

Actually, I was the second to last to arrive. The last person joined 3 months after I did. I was working there for 7 months in total.

03-22-2020 11:06 AM
Unkown_Killa Offline
Sparrow

Now I am really unsure what to do with what I just discovered. My wife gave me access to her Yahoo email a while ago. I sent her something and wanted to check for it in her Inbox so I logged in. I noticed something in the Trash folder. It’s a message from TransferWise that the equivalent of about $150 (in her currency) is to be deposited in her account tomorrow and the name of who it is from is a random man. A name she has never mentioned before.

I don’t know what to think…

03-25-2020 06:34 PM
PapayaTapper Online
Crow
Gold Member

What nationality is she?

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell
03-25-2020 06:38 PM
Unkown_Killa Offline
Sparrow

Filipino...

03-25-2020 07:05 PM
PapayaTapper Online
Crow
Gold Member

Is there only the one transaction via TW that you can see?

Have you googled / searched the man's name ?

Are you currently sending her money?

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2020 07:36 PM by PapayaTapper.)
03-25-2020 07:35 PM
Unkown_Killa Offline
Sparrow

Yes only 1 that I can see from him.

The name as it appears on the email ends in Jr. (i.e. Junior) When I search for the name like "XXXX XXXXXXXX Jr." it gives 1 result on Facebook of a bald guy who looks about 50. I am 28 and she is 24.

Yes I have been sending her money. It was a requirement for the UK visa.

03-25-2020 07:50 PM
PapayaTapper Online
Crow
Gold Member

(03-25-2020 07:50 PM)Unkown_Killa Wrote:  Yes only 1 that I can see from him.

The name as it appears on the email ends in Jr. (i.e. Junior) When I search for the name like "XXXX XXXXXXXX Jr." it gives 1 result on Facebook of a bald guy who looks about 50. I am 28 and she is 24.

Yes I have been sending her money. It was a requirement for the UK visa.

Are there any more incoming payments via any other platforms?

How did you meet her?

How long ago?

Im starting to sense theres more to this story that you havent shared. If youre going to come here and ask for help you should be more forthecoming with the relevant facts. Its an anonymous forum so as long as you dont give personal details no one will know... or care. But be prepared for some harsh truth

Joseph Campbell
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2020 08:06 PM by PapayaTapper.)
03-25-2020 08:00 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes PapayaTapper's post:
joost
Unkown_Killa Offline
Sparrow

I am not sure how I can check that? I cannot see anything in her email about payments from any other platform.

03-25-2020 08:03 PM
PapayaTapper Online
Crow
Gold Member

As far as your OP. Yes a woman can and will lose respect for a man if her perception of him is degraded. But way more impact-full to how she sees you than a bunch of punks yelling at you or even the loss of a job is how you see yourself.

Those other things are transitory externals. They can and will change. But your inner dialogue is at the core of who you are as a man and a woman responds to that on an instinctual level.

You need to stop being "fear" (negative) driven and focus on being a "desire" (positive) driven man.

In other words focus on what you want rather than what you dont want. This is applicable to ALL aspects of life be they, financial, spiritual, emotional, etc.

Nothing is more compelling to a woman than a man who knows what he wants and is boldly going after it. She wants a man that leads the way so she can follow

Joseph Campbell
03-25-2020 08:17 PM
[-] The following 7 users Like PapayaTapper's post:
Sankt Michael, The Stronger Sex, BoiBoi, Tactician, bacani, C-Note, Dream Medicine
Unkown_Killa Offline
Sparrow

I first met her online (Filipino Cupid) just over a year ago. Then in the middle of last April I met her in-person for the first time.

03-25-2020 08:18 PM
PapayaTapper Online
Crow
Gold Member

How much time have you actually spent together physically?

Do you have previous experience with Filipino culture?

Joseph Campbell
03-25-2020 08:35 PM
Unkown_Killa Offline
Sparrow

In total about 3 months together physically.

Yes I took my first trip there about 6 months before meeting her. That was basically just a quantity mission though. I decided after that trip that I actually wanted to have a meaningful relationship with one.

03-25-2020 08:45 PM
PapayaTapper Online
Crow
Gold Member

Im not one to over react and be led by cynicism but I can see your reason for concern.

You really dont know her very well and it would seem you jumped into this situation rather quickly

I think Id contact the bloke that sent her the money and see if he'll tell you the nature of the transaction. (Ideally without disclosing "Im her husband")

No use confronting her since if she was up to no good then you wont get an honest answer anyway

Joseph Campbell
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2020 08:52 PM by PapayaTapper.)
03-25-2020 08:51 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like PapayaTapper's post:
Sankt Michael, bucky, Davidovich
Brodiaga Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

Your wife will not respect you if you don't respect yourself.

Losing a job in the middle of the current coronavirus crisis is not a good reason to lose self respect. Neither is being attacked by some scum in a country where you can't even carry a weapon to defend yourself.

If I tried to marry and a girl from FilipinoCupid and bring her to a Western country where my position in marriage is weak by law, I would do my due diligence first. It would probably include things like trying to seduce her using a fake profile and looking at her email and chat history.

I met a girl on FC a few years ago and was considering getting serious with her. One thing that stopped me was her facebook profile full of glamorous attention whoring pics and a thousand followers and "admirers". She was very careful and kept a clean public profile (just her pics alone, no guys, no excessive nudity, nothing vulgar etc) but still, better be safe than sorry.
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2020 09:51 PM by Brodiaga.)
03-25-2020 09:47 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like Brodiaga's post:
Bitter End, Zenta, bucky, Davidovich, Handsome Creepy Eel
Unkown_Killa Offline
Sparrow

Thank you for your help guys. I appreciate assistance from the senior members of this forum.

(03-25-2020 08:51 PM)PapayaTapper Wrote:  I think Id contact the bloke that sent her the money and see if he'll tell you the nature of the transaction.

I am unsure how I would even approach him about it to be honest? Like what kind of thing I could write to him as an initial message?

03-26-2020 04:57 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Unkown_Killa's post:
Zenta
PapayaTapper Online
Crow
Gold Member

To be honest Im not convinced that is good idea but maybe "Hey (Random Dude) I see your friends with (Mrs U K) too. How do you know her?"

As I say Im hesitant to strongly recommend the above as I dont have all the pertinent details ...but its an idea

I would however keep an eye out for any further email receipts

Joseph Campbell
03-26-2020 12:59 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes PapayaTapper's post:
bucky
PapayaTapper Online
Crow
Gold Member

deleted

Joseph Campbell
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2020 01:13 PM by PapayaTapper.)
03-26-2020 01:13 PM
Unkown_Killa Offline
Sparrow

I need all the ideas I can get right now. The only other ones I came up with today was demanding:

1. Full access to FB
2. Full access to WhatsApp
3. Full access to Bank statements

Then I thought to maybe just install Kidsguard Pro on her phone at the earliest opportunity instead and see what happens.

03-26-2020 02:03 PM
The Stronger Sex Offline
Kingfisher

Christ, what a car crash. Folks, stop marrying strange gold diggers from Third World countries.

It doesn't matter what you find out. You marriage failed already. You don't even know your wife from a can of paint. Your plan is demanding her passwords and installing Kidsguard on her phone. Once you get to that point you've already lost.
03-26-2020 03:39 PM
[-] The following 11 users Like The Stronger Sex's post:
Deepdiver, Zenta, Er Miqué, nuevayork, bucky, Regent, joost, roberto, Repo, Davidovich, Handsome Creepy Eel
Deusleveult Offline
Sparrow

(03-26-2020 02:03 PM)Unkown_Killa Wrote:  I need all the ideas I can get right now. The only other ones I came up with today was demanding:

1. Full access to FB
2. Full access to WhatsApp
3. Full access to Bank statements

Then I thought to maybe just install Kidsguard Pro on her phone at the earliest opportunity instead and see what happens.

Monitoring her every move is not going to solve the fact that you rushed into marrying a complete stranger from a poor country that most likely couldn't wait to find a western simp to get out of her hell hole.

My only advice for you will be to accept that you made a wrong decision and cut your losses when you still can.

You will loose a bit for sure but it will still be better than in a few years learning that your wife cheated on you, divorce raped you and not see your children.

Marriage is sacred despite what our current culture wants us to believe. You are the leader of the house and it is a huge responsibility. You have a duty to to love and protect your wife and children and raise your children the best you can.

I just don't see you doing that right now given your posts.

So forget about women for a while and focus on building the proper fondations as a man.

Turn to God to face your fears, build true confidence and inner peace and only then will you be ready to take care of a woman and have a family.

God bless.
03-26-2020 03:42 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Deusleveult's post:
bucky, Repo, Gazeebo