Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

Questions For SEO guys and Internet Marketers
scotian Online
Crow
Gold Member

Questions For SEO guys and Internet Marketers
Hi guys, I have a buddy who recently released a great book about my trade, I bought it on Amazon for about $275 USD which is a fair price considering it’s one of the best, most detailed books on the subject as it involves both the theoretical information used in most books available online but also the hands on, infield information that technicians need to know for both exam certification preparation and how to actually perform the work in the field, it’s truly unique and I believe that it will really help anyone getting into the trade over the course of their careers as they advance up to the senior level certs which can take a decade.

I think that the problem is that he’s old school, great tradesman but may lack knowledge about how to get his product out there via SEO and building a better website, his already has some Youtube videos but the site isn’t mobile friendly. Maybe he should write blog posts about life on the job, field videos on job sites and maybe even a podcast.

If any of you have some suggestions of what my buddy could do to promote this excellent book which is lalready on Amazon then please let me know, thanks.

Don’t sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.
03-02-2020 04:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes scotian's post:
NoMoreTO
Atomic Offline
Robin

RE: Questions For SEO guys and Internet Marketers
He should favor traditional methods versus internet marketing methods.

Its a highly technical, highly detailed book about a specific trade?

Then he should use trade shows as his primary marketing method. He should still have a basic landing page style website and branded email.

The blog posts and vlogging is a good LONG TERM strategy to build credibility in the field and begin a build a brand. If he just wants some sales theres no quicker way with a product like that than to go direct to the trade shows.

Never cross streams.
03-02-2020 07:04 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Atomic's post:
scotian
kel Offline
Kingfisher

Reach out to "influencers" in that craft who you respect and ask to send them a copy to review.
03-02-2020 02:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
MichaelWitcoff Offline
Kingfisher

What Atomic said. Something that niche and expensive isn’t the same as some self-help book you can mass market with Facebook ads.

Jewish convert to Orthodox Christianity and best-selling author of "On The Masons And Their Lies."
03-02-2020 06:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Avant-Garde Offline
Sparrow

He already has a big SEO win by having it listed on Amazon which has high credibility with search engines. And Amazon does a pretty good job with its own SEO and promoting & cross-selling within the site.

I suggest reaching out to paper and online magazines in his trade, especially column editors and article writers. He probably knows them if he stays current in his field with mag subscriptions. Ask them to write a review of the book. Also ask the mag's editor-in-chief or manager if they can do a raffle of the book. If so, send them two copies.

Do the same thing with the top blogs in his profession.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2020 02:25 AM by Avant-Garde.)
03-03-2020 02:25 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Avant-Garde's post:
scotian
oilbreh Offline
Woodpecker

Give a free copy to that guy AvE have him talk about it if its good enough

*Neg rep non-Flanders avi's on sight crew*
*Cold Shower Crew*
*No Fap Crew*
*150+ IQ Crew*
03-03-2020 09:41 PM
renotime Offline
Ostrich
Gold Member

The thing about your trade is not many people are aware of it, even people in the trades. Trade guys don't really like to read either.

I think the best way to advertise is FB ads. Maybe point out that one can make a lot of money. If you do FB ads you're looking at least 1500 in ad spend.

If you're selling something on Amazon at the very least you have to do Amazon PPC.

I'd also post in FB groups and the reddit subthreads.

Our fear of death is so great that we fatally wound ourselves when trying to run from it.
Scorpion
03-03-2020 11:01 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes renotime's post:
scotian